Saturday, December 17, 2011

With Love, to "My Heart with Clothes On"

Ella:
A six-year-old going on 16. This girl is so ready to grow up, and I wish I could sit her down and tell her to "WAIT!" Sure, I could. But I don't think she would understand.
Being a kid is so much fun, and growing up I had so many great friends. Such great friends... Jaimi Bertelson, Marie Wichterman, Marci Waite, Heather Warren, April Mako, Melissa Schults, Trisha Haws, Nancy Newman. Some are childhood - some are from getting old: but with them I can still be a kid. With them I can still confide secrets. With them I can still act stupid and they understand. That is what being a kid is all about.
So if there is one thing I could tell my little Ella: enjoy being a kid. Lavish in it's freeness. I'll take care of all your worries. I'll swallow all of your anxieties.
A friend of mine put it best. These children are just our hearts with clothes on. (Thanks Loree.)

No comments: