Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Magic Number

So Kat and I have a bet going... the first to reach their goal weight wins $400! I've got more to lose than she does. I'm not a complete idiot, I'm not going to disclose my wife's goals to the entire blogosphere. But I will say that at the beginning of the bet I tipped the scales at 200lbs with a goal of 165lbs. My primary means of dropping the pounds is to start playing soccer again and taking the girls for long walks in the afternoons. I played my first game of indoor soccer in a long time on Tuesday. To be perfectly honest not much has changed. It's just now in super slow motion. My goal going into the game was simple, don't puke. Kat has a funny story along those same lines, you should ask her sometime. I played better than I thought I would and hope to continue improving. I'm currently at 192lbs 116% of my goal weight, down five percent from the beginning. Wish me luck. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Janiel said...

Good for you Jared! What do you plan to do w/ the $400 if you win??

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Umm... I think the question is "What does Kat plan to do with the $400?" I'm rooting for ya!

Anonymous said...

lisa, the $400 prize was set by Kat as that is the price tag on the latest Coach bag she intends to add to her collection.

Anonymous said...

Janiel, If I win I intend to spend it on new soccer gear and power tools...