Sunday, May 16, 2010

What the Cat Dragged In

We live in Texas. It gets hot. There are lots of bugs. We have to worry about snakes and tornadoes... but I wasn't expecting this.
I was cleaning up the house when I noticed Pokey (our fat, yellow cat) playing with what I thought was a toy. My nephew was here a couple of weeks ago and loves dinosaurs, but when I went to pick up the toy... it moved.
It was a horny toad.
I screamed. Jared came running to my rescue, and the toad found a new home outside.
My only fear is... what will the cat drag home next?




4 comments:

Mandi said...

Now thats funny!!! New pet? I love frogs, just not in my house. love it!

Kansas Thornburghs said...

Hahaha thats funny, I would of thought it was one of Jacob's toys too. Good luck with all your new pets Poky brings home.

Mandy Pants said...

Yuck, that's disgusting! That makes me soo thankful Del doesn't drag things in, or at least he hasn't yet.

Jared said...

Come to find out these little dudes are on the "protected" species list.