Monday, May 3, 2010

The Best Mom Ever

I have the best mom ever.

She is funny, pretty, smart, clever... and loving.

Just how loving? She rescued my family this past week. Our home had turned into an incubator for the stomach bug and sinus infections. After more than two weeks of dealing with it, needless to say we were all down for the count. So, mom drove six hours to nurse us all back to health. She cooked, she cleaned... and most importantly, she gave me great company.

This is all after she and my dad took our entire family on a cruise down the Mexican Riviera... and they wouldn't let us spend a dime!

She spoils us, loves us, and protects us. I only hope I can be half the woman she is and measure up to the great example of what a mom should be.

I love you, Mom.

(This is a picture from the cruise. At one of our stops we did some Salsa & Salsa. We learned to make salsa and how to salsa dance. Of course, mom is dancing with my great dad. Also in the picture... just to the right of mom is my very cool Australian brother-in-law Adam.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a mom! Having made that drive before, she truly lives her love! BTW, my in-laws (cross fingers) have a contract to sell their house in Brownwood, so hopefully, they'll be moving to Colorado soon!
-Shannon

The Barton Family said...

How would we survive without our moms!? I hope you are all on the mend and get feeling better soon.

Mandi said...

WOW! Your mom rocks!!!