Friday, November 5, 2010

Finally Safe

When we first moved in to our home (more than a year ago) there were no spindles between the wall and the banister. Tell me, what kind of code does that pass? A three foot gap anyone could fall through? So it has been one of our many to-dos around the house. (In addition to painting, new light fixtures, new kitchen counter-tops, new carpet, re-stain the hardwood.... all when $$$ allows.)

So my ever-so-handy husband spent a weekend with my very helpful dad (THANKS DAD!) cutting the spindles, sanding the spindles, and painting the spindles. We could have bought the spindles ready made, but at $5 each for 18 stairs the project was getting expensive. I was all for the expensive project, but Jared assured me he could do it himself.

I have to admit... I am quite impressed. He did a good job, and all for under $200. Now I don't have to worry every time the girls walk up and down the stairs. (Unless of course they decide to wear my high-heels around the house.)



No comments: