Friday, November 5, 2010

Tarantulas

This part of Texas is known for some of it's creepy crawlers: scorpions, rattle-snakes... and lots and lots of spiders. We are constantly getting the house sprayed for spiders because they just don't seem to go away.

Well guess what, Borger is in the middle of the Tarantula migration path. I don't care what anyone says... these so-called "harmless" "cute" "fuzzy" spiders have no business coming near my home. But this guy showed up one Saturday and stuck around for most of the day. My mom even told me that this is one of the smaller ones. My skin crawls just thinking about it.

Fortunately this was the only one we saw around our house. I'm sure there were more, but out of sight out of mind, right? Abby and I did see some on our walks and she kept trying to encourage the spiders to follow us home, but mom was too fast. Let us hope these over-grown arachnids made it to where they were headed and we don't have to deal with them for at least another year.






No comments: