Friday, May 20, 2011

What We've Been Up To... Sort Of

I'm not one of those moms who carries around a camera wherever we go. In fact... I am horrible at taking pictures. I bit ironic for a journalist. I'm no good with any type of camera. But since it has been so long since I have put anything up here I will add what few photos I have on my iPhone.
On a beautiful Saturday morning the girls toured the grounds of the Denver Temple while mommy had the chance to spend some time inside. It was a wonderful respite. Afterwards the ward met for a picnic at a nearby park. So, when talking with their dad he asked what they came away with from their temple trip (besides a sunburn). Abbigial promptly replied, "Daddy they have a waterfall. But you can't put money in it." Well, I tried.
Yet more proof that I am raising my grandmother's great-granddaughters: they love shoes! They could get that from my Grandma Gunda, but more likely they get it from me. Today's choice of shoes (with pajamas, of course): tap shoes and white church shoes. Can Abby tap? No. Does she try? As loudly as possible.
Now this picture has nothing to do with what we have been up to, but I wanted to add it because I think I actually did a good job taking it... check out the lighting! Of course it was a happy accident. Also... isn't this a great cat. A happy, fat, great cat. He weighs more than Claire!
What else have we been up to? The zoo, It'z, Chuck E Cheese, the park, playdates, birthday parties (Abby turned 3!) and so much more that we do have photos of that I will post someday. Until then... these will have to do. Besides... they still show just how darn cute these kids are.
And how much fun we have together as a family...

And at times, no matter how crazy or upside down life can be... we are a family close together or far apart. And these sweet faces, with all of their tantrums, quarrels, and hijinks.... these faces make it all worth while.

No comments: