Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

I have a kindergartner! When and how did this happen? Ella's first day of school was August 23rd. She looked so cute... and was so excited to get out the door and start this new adventure. (She loves to strike a pose.)

She got a new backpack and lunchbox for the new year... very cute kitty-cat bags she has to show off.

I got to take her to school for her first day. They waited in line with the rest of their class before they walked to their new classroom. You can see in this picture she is a little nervous and scared... and yes there were tears. (We both cried.) But she warmed up....

...as soon as her best friend Bethany showed up. They lucked out and are in the same class together with Mrs. Keller. Ella loves her teacher and I can tell she is fantastic.


It was hard for me to watch her march off to this new time in her life... I cried all the way home. But I am so proud of her. She is doing so well, having so much fun, and making so many friends. We love you Ella and are prouder than you can imagine.

No comments: